There are many definitions and styles of coaching. Whilst you can never separate the personal from the professional, most of my experience comes from working with entrepreneurs and business professionals (often in the startup or scale-up sectors) who are very results driven and who are expecting to see measurable improvements over a short period of time.
Assignments can vary from working with individuals who want to explore business opportunities within established networks, to start-up entrepreneurs who want to take their ideas or business to the next stage.
As a framework for working together, I have developed a simple five stage approach which is effective for individuals, as well as teams and organisations. These steps typically cover the following activities:
- OBSERVATION – of self. Using self reflection and awareness, but also 360 feedback wherever possible. A range of psychometrics can also be employed
- PLAN – making a detailed process plan of actionable behaviours which can be observed and the impact measured
- EXECUTE – with supportive coaching
- REVIEW – obtaining objective feedback on the results
- AIM – the next steps, the stretching goal for continuous learning and success.
I have a team of associates and a portfolio of support material and resources, if I can’t help, I usually know someone who can!